Friday, May 9, 2008

Race for Hope






Last weekend I ran in my first race - Race for Hope.  It was a 5k benefiting finding a cure for Brain Tumors, so I decided it was a good opportunity for me to try to get back in shape after Alex, while participating in a good cause.  

It was a BEAUTIFUL day, not to hot, slight breeze, and NO HUMIDITY, which is such a bonus here in DC.

I have to say running a race - especially your first in the nations capital is an incredible experience.  The race started just down from the Capital Building - and we ran up and near the building.  It was so motivating and inspiring to see so many people who were out for this cause in support for loved ones lost, as well as inspiring to see SO many survivors participating.

All in all it was a great experience, it helped get me motivated to get back in shape, and I was able to raise money and feel like I was doing something for a good cause!  Here are some photos of us at the race, and a memorial I put up on the Wall of Hope for my mom.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so great Sarah! I'm glad you posted this, it gave me goosebumps to think about it -- running in the capital, doing it for a cause, etc.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, what a great cause, and how proud we are of you for running. Great post, thanks so much it is so good to hear from you

Amberly and Matt said...

So fun to hear about a race....and the inspiration for doing it!! I love having something to keep you motivated to stay in shape. Are you going to choose another one for later in the summer?? Maybe it gets way to hot!!