Thursday, May 1, 2008

MOTHERS ARE FOREVER

A friend is someone special..A person in whom to confide...Who knows your inner weaknesses, Yet is willing to stand by your side.

A bit more unique is a sister, and the comradery she shares; Through days of sunshine and darkness, You feel that she really cares.

Then a friend may run from trouble, A sister may leave you behind. They both may prove a bit faithless, when other interests they find.

But a mother is forever..From the moment your life had its start..From birth into eternity...You'll always remain in her heart!

She's friend..sister and confidant..One who'll forsake you never; No one in life will love you more..For a mother is forever!

This month is Mother's Day, We have been told we should Honor thy Father and thy Mother that thy days may be long upon the land that the Lord thy God has given thee.

Dearest Mother,

Sometimes I forget, Mom, to say important things----like "I Love You" I do.....and on your special day I want to thank you for being you. Thanks for being generous and teaching me what it means to be a friend...Thanks for your laughter and for teaching me how to smile at life. Even the tears we've shared helped me see that strength can grow from sadness. But most of all...even though I sometimes forget to say it.....Thank you for your love. What a legacy we have as your children and grandchildren. I am so thankful for the blessed opportunity I have had to share lifes experiences with you and for your Christ-like example dealing with these experiences. Happy Mothers Day Your Loving Daughter Trudy

3 comments:

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Grandpa, Grandma and Trudy! thank you so much for making the time to come to the hospital and see our new little guy! And for the yummy m&m's:) It was very special and appriciated that you came to visit. I love you all....thanks trudy for driving them down. I have the best family! Thanks again

Leanne said...

Mothers ARE forever, and for that I am truly grateful. I have had an overwhelming appreciation for my mother since our sweet fourth baby has arrived, but I can always count on my mother to just listen to all that I have to complain about. Thanks for sharing that poem, it is the truth. Love you mom!!!

Haley said...

Thanks for this post...We are all so blessed to have great mothers. I love the poem! Grandma is incredible! HAPPy MOthers DAY TO ALL OF YOU AMAZING MOMMYS! :) Love, Haley